The Eterna

Logo

clan news

5/18 The clans are settling back into their territories after the war. The war ravaged the clans territories and ranks, leaving all with new leaders and with heavy loss. Now, they are dealing with a new prophecy, without knowing what's going to happen to the island.

event

Greenleaf, 2022

of the month

Players

otm1  otm2

Couple

otm3  otm4

Characters

otm5  otm6

Clan

otm7

Roleplay

otm8

Staff

otm9

The Heat's Wrath (Closed - Zelda w/ Rainstar)

The Counsel

Don't let anyone determine your fate, but yourself ^^

gemini Avatar

gemini

Post by gemini on May 21, 2022 13:23:36 GMT -6

Alderstar
Take the stones people throw at you in life and use them to build a monument.
TAG ➤
WORDS ➤ 481
NOTES ➤ --;-
Alderstar wasn't a fanatic of Greenleaf, as he preferred the cooler temperatures of Leaf-Fall, although Leafbare was excessively frigid for him. The bachelor exhaled softly, leaving the leader's den as he glimpsed around, scrutinizing a few individuals before gazing toward the vast sky above. A minuscule simper crept upon his countenance as he detected cerulean creeping through the clouds that hoarded the extensive abysm overhead. He loved observing the sky, just as many warriors unless he was the eccentric one out. The tom typically was—Alderstar's distinctive optics diverted from the sky toward the camp exit, feeling it was necessary to get out to have some time alone, per usual. It wasn't crazily often that Alderstar left the camp, considering he needed to possess the title he endured. Leader, having the authority over the clan. It continued to astonish him, constantly acknowledging StellerClan's choice in him. It didn't entirely make sense to him regarding better warriors to choose. Alderstar ascended toward CoyoteClan's exit path, crania slugging beneath his shoulders as he trudged forward. He commenced a few warriors to initiate a border patrol on his way out. He ordered six other warriors to begin a hunting patrol upon the border patrol's return, dipping his crania to the deputy before dismissing himself.

Alderstar's lengthy appendages advanced through CoyoteClan's motherland, absorbing the sun's warmth peering through the tree's open areas and clinging to his pelage. It wasn't nearly as dense and dark as SaberClan's forest had been. The darker marks in his coloration had enthralled the daylight's heat the most, a scoff fleeing the leader's maw. The bachelor had settled beside the Pine River near the foot of the water source, close to the footpath SaberClan journeyed through to reach Star Isle for gatherings. Standing at the riverbed, he dubiously stepped into the shallow bed of crystalline fluid, the chilly water saturating his digits. Cold water seeped in between his webbed toes, stealing the heat from the soles just as quickly as the breeze filched from his face. He breathed in, enjoying the zephyr's freshness and the chilliness the water provided. The tip of Alderstar's tassel-like tail lingered in the river, swaying from side to side out of delight, deeming the moment as serene and a blessing. The mighty leader's auditories perked upright and forward, conscious of an aroma that was certainly familiar at Gatherings. The bachelor's eyes narrowed, eyebrows furrowing as he waited for the presence to advance nearer. "Rainstar?" His vocalizations called out, identifying the scent, gaze shifting toward the pathway between SaberClan and CoyoteClan. Watching as the silhouette arrived through the density of SaberClan's woodland, he smiled softly, visage softening. She was an excellent leader, and he admired her for her strength and courage to take out SaberClan's previous leader. "It's good to see you. How're you? Is your clan doing well? I pray to StellerClan that Greencough didn't strike SaberClan."

Last Edit: May 21, 2022 13:23:55 GMT -6 by gemini

The Ancient One

Dying as I build this site lol

Midna Avatar

Midna

Post by Midna on May 22, 2022 1:27:15 GMT -6

Rainstar
template by punki of adoxography
"don't expect leniancy. You arent flawless"
Rainstar stepped from the thick pine forest and onto the small expanse of grass they had on this stretch of territory, the sparsely populated oak trees here doing little to shield the thick-pelted molly from the scorching hot rays of greenleaf. She had needed to check the Coyoteclan border while her warriors were off in Green Hills, making sure Eagleclan didn't overstep their boundaries again; but that didn't mean she was happy about the heat. She grumbled softly to herself as she reached the shoreline, shoulders sagging with fatigue. The new prophecy had the entire clan in unrest, and there were still pro-war warriors and elders that suspected her of killing Ivystar--that, she had done. But they had no solid proof she did it.--had been up her tail about various tasks and issues needing to be dealt with regarding the other clans "encroaching on Saberclan's rightful heritage" or some mousebrained garbage like that. Plus, their numbers had been severely lessened with the war against the rogues brought in by Eagleclan, and reclaiming the border in the Green Hills had put yet another strain on the relationship between herself and the new leader.

Nevertheless, it was peaceful. As peaceful as tense treaties and an unknown threat looming over the island could be, and she was grateful. She'd take the stress and the unknown ventures if it meant her clan was safe, and they could begin to rebuild. She mused about the beach and small bit of water between her territory and Star Isle, and wandered closer to Coyoteclan absentmindedly, mulling over how the next gathering would go.

A voice from across the border startled her out of her own thoughts, and her pale fur fluffed up slightly in surprise and defense, before she locked eyes with the equally thick-pelted Coyoteclan leader, Alderstar, and felt her fur flatten back down. The tom had become an unlikely ally and friend to her in the wake of both their previous leaders' deaths. It was sad, how Tigerstar had met his end, though Rainstar particularly despised him as much as she did Ivystar, it didn't mean his clan felt the same way about the late Coyoteclan leader.

"Alderstar, what a surprise. You're a bit far from camp don't you think?" She said smoothly, a hint of teasing in her voice as she gave the tom a small smile. She didn't see her friend often, mostly at gatherings, but she supposed that was the solitary life of leadership for the clans. She listened to the rest of his greeting with a flick of her ear, before letting out a breathy chuckle. "No, nothing so bad. Though I wish some of the old bats in the elder's den would catch something mild to occupy their time with other than bugging me like I have nothing better to do." She huffed mildly, shrugging helplessly. "But, what can you do. Everyone's gotta have a problem, am I right?" She smiled again, before settling down closer to him, but still on her clan's side of the marker. "I hope Coyoteclan shares the same good health? We wouldn't want any sicknesses running rampant." She dipped a foot into the water before shrinking back with a grimace, not enjoying the squishy sand and dirt clinging to her now-soaked pad.

WORDS: 547
Last Edit: May 22, 2022 1:27:32 GMT -6 by Midna

The Counsel

gemini Avatar

gemini

Post by gemini on May 22, 2022 16:05:15 GMT -6

Alderstar
TAG ➤
WORDS ➤ 568
NOTES ➤ --;-
Before Rainstar's arrival, Alderstar had stepped further into the crystalline fluid, watching as the water cascaded swiftly the further out he viewed. The behemoth tomcat despised water for the most part due to his irrational fear of drowning but loves to take a plunge in Greenleaf's heat. Alderstar's belly fur flowed beneath him, carried in the current direction. With a moment of silence, he permitted the river to chill his physique. Taking a few steps back, he recollected himself as he awaited a response from the opposing leader, a genuine, welcoming smile crossing his countenance. He chuckled sheepishly, rolling his shoulders in a shrug, "I suppose so, but I always check the borderlands; sometimes, my warriors skim past during the afternoon and do a deeper search and re-scent during the night." Alderstar explained, shifting back amongst his haunches, rear and feathery tail drenched by the water beneath him. It had been some time since he'd seen Rainstar, as he mostly recognized her as Rainshadow during gatherings before her leadership. He reminisced the mademoiselle a few moons older than him, so she'd been herself on the younger side. He was relieved SaberClan had such a reserved, thoughtful leader, perhaps because he'd had a decent relationship with the damsel. Rainstar was a friend.

The sun is brilliant in the cornflower-blue sky as if one perfect petal was stretched so wide worldwide. The blooms were a new masterpiece each day, changing the frameless scenery, gazing upward at the ever-present chasm; they are the warmth of the land that gives gratitude to the heat of the Greenleaf sun. They are the rainbow from earth and water, yet they can be nothing without those golden rays. Each day of these playful moons will come in moments, the gift of the present, lived in pawfoot dances, wind-tousled fur, laughter, and song constructed by the birds... the layers of Leafbare left in some forgotten cavern. Alderstar chuckled at Rainstar's commentary about the elders, "I must admit, elders always have something to complain about or trouble the authorities." He rolled his eyes whimsically, glimpsing over his shoulder back through CoyoteClan's territory. "I can't disagree with that; everyone certainly carries their own problems." Alderstar executed a brisk nod in pondering, returning his gaze to meet Rainstar's glaucous ones. "I pray StellerClan brings everyone a light to their sufferings or whatever issue they withhold." The leader stated, possessing a cordial smile.

"CoyoteClan is doing wonderfully, Greencough hasn't struck us quite yet, but I hope StellerClan listens to my inquiries. I would love if Greencough could avoid us this year, especially after the war." Alderstar sighed softly, reminiscing thoughts on the recent war, where the clans continued to resettle into their territories once more with a new reign. "It would be a shame to lose more warriors; I would hate to see any clans suffer such." Alderstar inhaled softly, closing his eyes for a moment as he thought. StellerClan, please keep Greencough afar from the clans this season. He could only hope his ancestors would listen, though he somewhat doubted the sickness wouldn't occur. It invariably happened every season. The gargantuan sire glimpsed toward the cerulean abyss, the heat beginning to pelt his backside once more. "How is your clan settling after the war? It was a brutal one, after all. I'm thankful to see the clans recollecting themselves with a new leader. The previous ones who led were...different."

Last Edit: May 22, 2022 18:00:46 GMT -6 by gemini

The Ancient One

Midna Avatar

Midna

Post by Midna on May 22, 2022 17:53:25 GMT -6

Rainstar
The molly leader's green eyes glimired in mischief. "You can say they were nuts, it's just me here to listen." She teased, snorting a short laugh at her own comment. She wasn't quite as regal or poised as the Coyoteclan leader, but she did her best. She pondered over the question, mulling it over in her head for a second before coming up with her reply.

"My clanmates see the war... differently, than most, I would say." She stated, mildly reserved in her tone. It was true, though. A vast majority of the older warriors and elders that plagued her time and conversations were majorly pro-war, and had wanted it to continue, even at the expense of their clanmates lives. She supposed it was a generational thing, but it tended to bother her nonetheless. "Ivystar put a lot of grandiose thoughts of Saberclan uniting the island and leading everyone into most of their heads and some of them believe we should." She sighed heavily and flipped the wet paw over to stare at her now sand-caked pad. "It's just hard getting them to understand that that isn't an option, nor was it ever an option for any of the clans. It's much easier to just live in peace. Well, except for when that Eagleclan leader tries to take Green Hills back, then I just wanna rip their tail off." She chuckled at the last bit, turning her head to glance at the area that lead to the territory in question. Sure, it was a bit different from the rest of Saberclan's territory, but Eagleclan would vastly overshadow both of the other clans in size of territory if Saberclan didn't hold onto Green Hills, and that just wasn't going to do any good. Plus, her clan used it for hunting, so it didn't just go to waste or sit there being unused.

The whole situation these last few moons had been hectic and unsatisfactory. Especially with the heat rising and the herbs wilting. Saberclan got off a bit lucky because the thick canopy of trees shielded a lot of the herbs around camp, but she knew the herbs had to be going bad elsewhere. "Is Coyoteclan doing okay on herbs? With the weather warming up signifigantly they're going to start wilting pretty bad." Her tone was mildly concerned as she turned her pale head to look at the Coyoteclan leader once more, the concern reaching her eyes.

WORDS: 406

The Counsel

gemini Avatar

gemini

Post by gemini on May 22, 2022 19:13:46 GMT -6

Alderstar
TAG ➤
WORDS ➤ 514
NOTES ➤ --;-
Perhaps others did view Alderstar as a respected leader, considering his way with diction. He speaks with intellect and promise, committing entirely to everything he decides to articulate. However, the behemoth leader consistently doubted himself, persuading him that he wasn't the leader he desired to be remembered as. Although, he was very well subconsciously becoming the reputable CoyoteClan leader he wished to be. He might've got the linguistic thing down, but there'd be more significant decisions and judgments later down the path. He swallowed thickly at the thought, not being so regal nor poised deep down in the depths of Alderstar. "All Elders are nuts, let's be honest." Alderstar chuckled, feeling relaxed as he settled and conversed with the adversary leader. Alderstar wouldn't know where to start if the war wasn't over, relieved he didn't have to make those huge decisions quite yet, but if it came down to it, he'd do everything he could to protect CoyoteClan. As of now, the last thing he wished to do was have enemies since this was hopefully a fresh start to the leaders' new reigns. He believed his fellow friend, Rainstar, would do a wonderful job and make smart decisions, as she was relatively intelligent. Right now, he acknowledged he would need an ally, choosing Rainstar and her clan, SaberClan.

"Everyone, unfortunately, has the right to their own opinions, and some will never change." Alderstar inhaled sharply, taking a deep breath, "I believe you and I can make great changes and decisions if we make movements wisely. Uniting the clans could create a massive imbalance; perhaps that's something we can talk about at Gatherings for a fresh start." The tomcat released the breath he'd been holding, shifting his gaze to the horizon line, visage dubiously trailing to the sky as thunder boomed in the distance. A storm is coming. What a pain in the tail. "Sometimes it takes more than one voice to make a change; I'd be willing to assist. Who knows what the EagleClan leader is thinking, but I'll have your back, Rainstar. Right now, we all should be working together." Alderstar prayed that the peace would remain until everyone had rebuilt their clans because another war outbreak would be horrendous, in Alderstar's opinion. Alderstar would do everything he could in his administration to work with Rainstar to preserve their alliance. Upon Rainstar's herb inquiry, a slight frown encountered the tom's facade. "CoyoteClan happens to suffer frequently during this season, between Greencough and the wilting of herbs. Thankfully we are more covered than EagleClan; I can't imagine the scarcity of their herbs." Alderstar appeared to have sympathy for the other clan, hating to choose sides. He wanted everyone to get along, at least for the time being.

"Not every herb wilts regarding the shade CoyoteClan's canopy delivers during the day, but the herbs that prefer more sunlight perish from the overwhelming heat provided by our sun." Alderstar explained, returning his gaze to the green-eyed leader, noting the concern displayed in her optics, "If only the heat could lay off." He huffed, shaking his crania.

The Ancient One

Midna Avatar

Midna

Post by Midna on May 24, 2022 12:08:30 GMT -6

Rainstar
The molly listened to the other leader, nodding at the gathering comment. "Yeah, unification would never work, especially with how big the island is. We'd never keep everyone together and it would just lead to infighting and a lot more trouble than it's worth. Plus, meshing customs and habits and learning how the foreign territories work would be a headache, to say the least. It's definitely worth bringing up to the Eagleclan leader at the gathering, and, Stellarclan forbid, if they're againt the notion, two clans against one are good odds in my mind." She thoughtfully placed the sandy paw back down with a sigh. Working together was indeed necessary, as the previous leaders' plights and warring habits had ripped the fledgling clans to shreads, minimizing their already tiny ranks and making survival extremely difficult on the survivors. She wasn't naive enough to think that Stellarclan could have stopped the war, but she would have at least appreciated it if they had let someone know how to stop it, without killing off the old leaders. She wasn't proud of murdering Ivystar on that stormy night, but she'd do it again if it meant her family and clan remained safe and peaceful.  Ideally margionally better than they were now.

With the conversation pivoting to herbs and illnesses, she listened quietly to him speak about the plights of Coyoteclan. Saberclan, as she had though earlier, was definitely better off in this season. They didn't have all of the herbs in the world, but what they did have was sheltered from the harsh sun and had the pond close by for fresh water. It did mean that the territory couldn't grow anything requiring a lot of sun really anywhere but the uncovered Green Hills, but they could make due with what they did manage to keep alive for the moons of greenleaf. "I'm sorry to hear that your clan suffers. It's especially harsh since your territory grows the most catnip. I've heard the medicine cat in my clan complaining about our own short stock, but we haven't been really attacked by greencough or whitecough in a few generations now. Just a few cases here or there fortunately." She said, nodding absentmindedly again. It was true that the flower forest grew the most life-saving catnip plants, so if it was struggling in the heat... Stellarclan help them if greencough did break out this greenleaf or leaf-fall. That would be a nightmare for sure, and definitely the opposite of what they needed right after the war. "Eagleclan's definitely suffering. In the half-moon meeting the medicine cats discussed maybe trading herbs during these times, whatever's growing well in one territory can be exchanged for something the clan doesn't have or that's wilted in their territory, but Eagleclan doesn't have much because their forests aren't as thick, and a majority of their land is flat or mild hills. I've considered sending a few warriors with our medicine cat to bring them some of our excess borage and yarrow, just so they can maybe make it through Greenleaf." She huffed another sigh, shaking her head mildly. "It's going to be a long time till New-leaf, unfortunately, and if Leaf-fall doesn't replenish any of the herbs we'll be in trouble. Might have to go beyond the mountains to the unexplored lands over there to see if anything's growing and survived." She grimaced. That was a trek, and the Fire Mountain was always a threat, but if the clans were desperate enough... well, it was an option, anyway. She glanced up at Alderstar, gauging his thoughts on the situation and options.

WORDS: 601

The Counsel

gemini Avatar

gemini

Post by gemini on May 24, 2022 18:26:18 GMT -6

Alderstar
TAG ➤
WORDS ➤ 556
NOTES ➤ --;-
Alderstar inhaled softly, attentively listening to SaberClan's leader, considering this conversation felt important. He didn't want to miss any details, retaining her words carefully, picking her comments apart individually. "You're undoubtedly correct; a unity between the three clans would practically instantaneously fail and miserably. I'll never believe the unity idea, as each Clan has their own customs, which wouldn't integrate sufficiently. It could cause plentiful altercations or something more destructive," Alderstar paused momentarily to release his breath, "You know, another war wouldn't be superior, and the last thing any of the Clans need. I'm sure we can get the new EagleClan leader to agree with us. There should be peace until we've all settled and regained what's lost." Alderstar couldn't help but ponder, his mind churning as he thought pessimistically regarding the next gathering. What if the EagleClan leader disagreed and started another war over this pitiful idea? Alderstar's physique tightened up, arduous muscles compressing beneath his fur, feeling inflexible. Apprehension warmed the sire's blood, pumping adrenaline through him, causing a lump to develop in the back of his trachea. The bachelor endeavored to shove those negative thoughts away but failed to do so.

StellerClan, please tell me EagleClan's leader has a bigger brain; we need to keep the peace for as long as possible. Alderstar comprehended well that there wasn't permanent harmony; that's not how it worked when it was an island full of pretentious and powerful felines. There were the loners, rogues, and exiles here and there, but the Clans technically ruled the island over the other animals which inhabited it. "We continually find a way, especially during those challenging times with the previous leaders of the clans. Considering Catnip works wonders, I wouldn't mind sharing CoyoteClan's more dominant herbs." Alderstar smiled softly at the introspection of how beneficial it'd be for the clans to initiate trades between the Medicine Cats to assist their own. "I'm happy to hear your clan hasn't suffered from Greencough or Whitecough in moons; I wish I could say the same." Alderstar wasn't pleased to say his Clan didn't excel entirely during the seasons with those deadly illnesses. Thankfully, there weren't massive breakouts that led to isolation, as numerous cats would remain relatively healthy. When Rainstar had mentioned what she'd heard about the medicine cats, Alderstar's visage widened with astonishment. Clever, I presume that idea is terrific. It was unfortunate that EagleClan succumbed during this time of year, while SaberClan mostly thrived, and CoyoteClan managed.

"I love that idea; the Medicine Cats have discussed a tremendous supposition to ensure the clans stay healthy and keep their wounds clean." He articulated his opinions, continuing, "My medicine cat could provide Catnip, for the most part, and other requested herbs from CoyoteClan's territory if it means adequate health, while we go through this harsh season." Alderstar's crania swerved in Rainstar's direction when she'd mentioned going beyond the territories. "That's dangerous, considering we are unaware of the other creatures that roam those lands; it would take more than a patrol to do such. It would be unfortunate if it came down to it, but sometimes, things don't go as planned." Alderstar returned his canary gaze toward the horizon line, where the water and sky met. "What would your plan be if it did come to that, Rainstar?" He inquired, curious of her intentions.

The Ancient One

Midna Avatar

Midna

Post by Midna on Jun 10, 2022 21:25:51 GMT -6

Rainstar
She nodded. "Ptarmiganstar hopefully has a brain between her ears. I always doubted Burrowstar did, the neruotic fool caused a lot of problems after Rapidstar died. Even more so when they stopped attending gatherings. But the last few gatherings have been strained, so for as much as I hope she has at least a little sense, I doubt she likes us much possibly." Her voice was minorly annoyed, but also somewhat relieved. The lack of an exactly warm welcome at the last few gatherings hassn't completely discouraged her. They were seeing the third clan now, which was a good sign of getting closer to normalcy. Normalcy is what they needed after this long, sustaining war. Rainstar knew Alderstar especially had clanmates who suffered from the battles. They all lost a lot of family and friends in those grueling moons.

She listened to Alderstar's words, nodding absentmindedly. "Yeah, I agree. The cultures of the clans are just not going to ever mesh. It's not a bad thing, just a fact." She sighed, stretching her paws out in the sand and dirt in front of her body, stretching them and yawning. "Sorry, I don't get much sleep these days, too much to do nowadays." She said, smiling slightly. The observations he made about the medicine cats' cooperations were helpful. The catnip would save a lot of lives, especially young kits and apprentices when they get greencough. Saberclan escaped the disease more often than not, but they still had issues with the disease on occasion, and she knew that Eagleclan had a harder time. The weather warming up was causing the herbs to dry up, for sure. And while she hoped that, as Alderstar said, there would possibly be no need to explore the unexplored regions, there was an increasing need for medicine and an increasing issue with heat.

"My plan, if it comes to that, isn't.. fully developed. I want to go out with them, of course. But I haven't decided on who should be my deputy, and our medicine cat is missing in action, so it's a bit difficult. I don't want to wander off in the name of saving cats, only to leave the conniving elders to start another war in my absence." Her bitterness was evident at the end of her sentence, and she turned her head away from him slightly, frowning. "But I'm not sure who I can trust to go in my stead and get the job done. Saberclan is much too divided at the moment, unfortunately." She sighed again, rolling over slightly, her frown turning into a small smile. She puffed a small breath out, looking at her friend. "What do you think we should do, should it come to that?" She asked, rolling back over again and standing to shake her fur out, before sitting back down.

WORDS: 472

The Counsel

gemini Avatar

gemini

Post by gemini on Jun 12, 2022 9:34:04 GMT -6

Alderstar
TAG ➤
WORDS ➤ 705
NOTES ➤ --;-
Alderstar assumed that EagleClan suffered tons of damage due to the previous leader, Burrowstar, who overthrew the Clan and succeeded Rapidstar. If the leader recalled correctly, EagleClan hadn't favored Burrowstar in the slightest, as the tom portrayed a terrible reputation amongst his clanmates. It was alleviating to ponder that the three Clans may finally fall back into their representative directive, which was absolute solace. "I have an acceptable sentiment Ptarmiganstar will compromise with us; perhaps she'll merge in on the idea of the Medicine Cat's conference and trading herbs during the grueling Greenleaf. If she has a large enough brain, Ptarmiganstar will make the right decision, but I suppose only time will tell upon the next Gathering. It's nice that EagleClan will be attending Gatherings once more." His vocalizations were at ease, shoulders relaxed as he spoke. Alderstar believed he could trust Rainstar adequately to lessen his guard, although he had an ill feeling the peace wouldn't continue forever. Eventually, another skirmish was bound to break out, and he'd hoped he wouldn't be confronting SaberClan. He preferred not to think about it, as there were different things the CoyoteClan leader ought to concentrate on.

Alderstar wondered if the previous authorities before Rapidstar, Ivystar, and Tigerstar ever discussed before the Gatherings were held. It was improbable since the three clans constantly appeared to be at each other's throats. The history behind each Clan wasn't the most pleasant, so conceivably, Ptarmiganstar, Rainstar, and Alderstar could create a more promising future. "Without a doubt, it's simply a fact. I can't argue with that," A soft, lighthearted chuckle emitted from Alderstar, his vibrant golden visage scrutinizing across Pine River, monitoring the dense canopy of SaberClan's treetops waver as the draft persisted. The seasons have been harrowing, depriving away the bark and outer layers yet rendering them all the more tantalizing. They have the appearance of driftwood, weaving in patterns that reminded Alderstar of inshore waves; even the moss pigment is kelp-like. Birdsong came in abeyances and combustions, the silence and the singing performing together as well as any improvised melody. A new smile paints itself upon her freckled face, rose-pink nose semi-illuminated by the dappled light. "I understand, Rainstar; we leaders have a lot on our minds right now." He reassured.

"It was contesting to determine a deputy, but I have recently done so. She is quite the opposite of me, which, in my mind, could be convenient. Depending on how you'd like to lead your Clan, someone who could assist with decisions and adhere to your flank out of loyalty. The past leaders didn't seem to work out regarding their deputies," The CoyoteClanner paused momentarily, tail swaying behind him as he pressed his foundations into the enriched soil. "I can understand why things didn't work out for the previous leaders, though; but anyway...it's undoubtedly not opportunely when your Clan is divided. However, I believe you will figure it out, especially after your Clan hears about what we have to say in the upcoming Gathering. Alderstar shifted his gaze to the vast troposphere, watching as the clouds glided across the abysm. StellerClan, please support Rainstar in figuring this out. We don't need unity, and I'm convinced you understand this. The bachelor identified Rainstar's disappointment, presuming she had to of been accentuated due to the Elders' anomalous and ineffective demands on uniting the Clans. It wasn't pleasant when half the Clan could be scheming against the leader, who didn't deserve it.

Alderstar cared extensively for his friends, and witnessing Rainstar's disturbance was utterly saddening. There wasn't much he could do except start the discussion in the following Gathering they'd mentioned prior in their conversation. "Well, I would probably do just as you would, but I would be fearful of allowing the Medicine Cat to come with, especially if their apprentice isn't prepared to succeed the current one. Perhaps half of my strongest warriors would join to protect my Clan's Medicine Cat. If we must, we must, but it's the last resort. I suppose we shall see what Ptarmiganstar voices about the herb exchange." Alderstar retrieved closer to the riverbank, settling about a tail-length away from the adversary clanner, "I do wonder what's out there, though." The tom admitted, practically inaudibly.

Last Edit: Jun 12, 2022 9:34:58 GMT -6 by gemini

The Ancient One

Midna Avatar

Midna

Post by Midna on Jun 22, 2022 22:52:31 GMT -6

Rainstar
She listened intently to her friend's words, nodding gently at the deputy announcement. "That's good! I'm glad to hear it. We can take all the support we can get as of late. I have my eye on a few good candidates, even though I complain about there being no one suitable. I do hope the elders join up with the cause, but we all know how stubborn and mouse-brained they can get when they set their minds to it. Thankfully, the warriors are mostly on my side." She chuckled dryly, shuffling her paws slightly so that she was crouched down on them, front two tucked neatly underneith her body. The side she had been dozing on was pressed comically flat, with sand amusingly clinging to the fur there, though she held her head high, ignoring the issue.

"The problem with leaving is that the clans would be unprotected, but going without a medicine cat and leader or deputy is asking for that plan to fail. We'd have to be truly desperate to leave that far from the clan territories after our ancestors trekked all the way here to begin with." She said softly, sighing fairly heavily again. The whole situation was a delima, and it looked like the best they could do was wait and see if the herbs grew better in leaf-fall, though the larger molly had her reservations about that being a possibility with all the death in the local populations she'd observed. She suddenly realized that they had been chatting a good while, and that her clan must be wondering where she was, if not assuming her injured.

The molly stood from her spot, stretching as she peered at the sliver of red peeking over the horizon. Sundown was soon, and she'd been out on "patrol" for a while. The clan would start to worry if she wasn't careful. She listened to the last murmur from her companion about the unexplored lands beyond the mountain pass, and nodded absently, gazing off at the distant, snow-coated peaks.

"Don't we all, Alderstar, don't we all.." She said, chuckling mildly again as she shook her pelt out. She gave her shoulder a rough lick to wake herself fully up. Chatting leisurely had calmed her down to the point that the exhaustion was hitting the leader with the full brunt of the build up, and her sage green eyes drooped slightly. She let out a small cough, briskly shaking her pelt again, before turning to the taller tom.

"Well, as great as it was to catch up and share out grievances and opinions, I must get back to my camp before the elders get all giddy thinking I'm dead in a ditch somewhere." She grinned half-heartedly, before dipping her head to her fellow leader. "I do wish Coyoteclan the best of health, and look forward to seeing you at the gathering. I must be going though! I'll see you next time I see you!"

And with those words, she turned away from him, trekking back up and into her evergreen forest, the needles matching her eyes as she turned back one more time to give him a farewell smile, vanishing into the thick, looming shadows that were growing ever stronger with the evening rays of soft light.

WORDS: 546

M E D I A

M O O N || S E A S O N

Leaf-Fall

The weather has been hot and dry, the tail-end of greenleaf is still drying out the territories.

Prey has been tentatively coming back because of leaf-fall.

Herbs are seeing new sprouts, but still aren't plentiful.

A L L E G I A N C E S

♀ - 04 || ♂ - 04 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 09||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 05 || ♂ - 01 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 07||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 02 || ♂ - 06 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 08||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 01 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 03||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 00 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 02||

Allegiance Table

A N N O U N C E M E N T S || N E W S

5/7/2022

The site is fully built! I'm just adding in rules, templates, plot and small things like that. Nearly there!

4/16/2022

We have a discord now! Find it above, in the media tab!

4/16/2022

The site has some considerable work put into it now! We're getting there!

--

--

S I S T E R - S I T E S

Falling into the Chasm HOODWINKED - TRADITIONAL WARRIORS RP

C R E D I T S

The story is © to the creator of the site, Zelda; the dividers used at the top of the page are © to LIST dA; Pixel tree © to twistedragon on dA; clan census images © to Zelda; dividers between seasons © to Moonlight-pendent13 on dA; and all characters and writing is © to the respective authors. Banner is © to catsbest.eu.