The Eterna

Logo

clan news

5/18 The clans are settling back into their territories after the war. The war ravaged the clans territories and ranks, leaving all with new leaders and with heavy loss. Now, they are dealing with a new prophecy, without knowing what's going to happen to the island.

event

Greenleaf, 2022

of the month

Players

otm1  otm2

Couple

otm3  otm4

Characters

otm5  otm6

Clan

otm7

Roleplay

otm8

Staff

otm9

Let's Stay Up 'Till Sunrise Together [P]

Founding 50

feel free to reach out for anything! I love plotting but i'm too scared to make the first move aha

arden Avatar

arden

Post by arden on Jun 22, 2022 19:13:01 GMT -6

Redsnake had to be outside. He felt that restless urge rise once again. It was late in the evening. Most of his clanmates were back in the safe confines of the camp, chatting amongst each other and sharing prey, while he was out in the darkening day, the yellow leaves helping him to find some comfort in this solitary walk. Hopefully it would put his mind at ease.

The warmth of the day was wavering as the bite of the night grew ever nearer and more present, but it was still dusk. The sun was near set, but the tom could not sit still. It was a curse, he felt. This dire need, all this energy inside of him. His mama always said that was a sign of the sinful demons residing in him, using his body as a host for their criminal motives.

Redsnake let out a grunt as his arthritis pain slowly grew, his joints aching with a sort of throbbing numbness as he continued the stroll through the crepuscule lit woods. Another curse, his fa had always said. No cure to get rid of the evil spirits. Fa always said they corrupted his body and soul. Ma also said that the “curse was to punish them, and so those above caused suffering to the only surviving kit of a litter of five”.

Sometimes, even now, far away from those hurtful lectures, the warrior agreed with those horrible statements in his mind. Was his disability just a let-down? Was it punishment from those above? The demons and guardians above, did they really come to inflict harm on him?

The tom decided to brush away the thoughts, pushing them away as he did his breath when one exhaled. He was alone. That was the worst part. These voices, these memories. Everything was so overwhelming. As soon as he had a companion, his head cleared up. He needed a distraction. Generally, walking would help on the quiet nights, when everything was just a whisper. A ghost of the usual roar. Dimmed to a faint buzz in the back of his head. But on the worst nights, he couldn't sleep. These casual strolls barely dulled the hurtful words echoing in his head, on replay. He had never said a word to another about this. About what he experienced.

Maybe one day, he'd share with someone. He knew he needed a shoulder to lean on. A friend to talk to, but Redsnake never felt close with others. Mutuals, perhaps, not friends. Never close.

The bushes rustled behind him, the scent of another cat. He struggled to put a name to it as he heard the patter of paws, but he spun around, and gave the tom a tired smile. One of a defeated cat who had wandered alone for so long, they barely knew who they were. "Hazelthorn. What brings you here this late evening?"

|| note: The family does not believe in Stellarclan. More so just something simple like hell and heaven, curses and gifts. fancy links
Quixotic of THQ

Last Edit: Jun 22, 2022 19:15:41 GMT -6 by arden

The Ancient One

Dying as I build this site lol

Midna Avatar

Midna

Post by Midna on Jun 22, 2022 22:35:50 GMT -6

Hazelthorn had been out night hunting. Leaf-fall was here, but the territory was still recovering pretty heavily from the humid heatwave that Greenleaf had brought, and prey rarely ran during the day. He had been moderately sucessful, missing a squirrel that had surprised him, but snagging a vole and a mouse from beside the Green River just a bit ago. The vole was buried a ways back, but he wanted to bury the mouse a ways off, so the scents didn't mingle and intensify. Said mouse was currently firmly between his teeth as he crouched to slide under a bush, grunting softly at the effort.

The massive male rose to his full height next to his clanmate after emerging from the bushes, the mouse still hanging from his clenched jaw, swinging slightly with Hazelthorn's previous struggle. He dropped the prey at his large paws, before dipping his head quietly to Redsnake. The warrior before Hazelthorn had been reserved, quiet around his clanmates. He kept a distance that was as cold as ice, for reasons not even their medicine cat or their sprightly apprentice, Sparrowpaw, knew. The most that Hazelthorn knew about his sorrel clanmate was that he was nice enough, very polite, and often had aches he winced at when moving.

The former strategist's face softened kindly, his eyes crinkling up with crows feet as he gave a gentle smile to the tom. He pitied the younger warrior slightly, though not in a bad way. He felt bad that, despite being 20 moons Redsnake's senior, he moved without much difficulty other than the minor aches and pains his large size caused, and a few extra scratches he recieved when trying to squish himself into the camp's entrance tunnel. He made a mental note to not menti0n that out loud, as it was both extremely unlucky and also probably not a huge sourse of comfort to the young tom. Hazelthorn would personally hate pity, regardless of his condition.

The senior warrior glanced at the dying light in the sky, twilight causing the yellow, gold and red leaves to shimmer for a second before casting shadows deeper than the oncoming night. His eyes filled with concern as he turned back to Redsnake. It would be cold soon, and that can't be good for stiffness or sore joints. He opened his mouth to speak in reply to the tom's question, only briefly pausing to consider his words.

"I'm out doing a bit of night hunting. What brings you out here on this mildly chilly evening, Redsnake?" He asked, glancing around briefly to see if the short sorrel warrior had company. He didn't smell any clanmates or spot any other fur, so he assumed the tom was alone. "It's getting kind of late, isn't it? Are you okay?" He felt the small smile fade and replace itself with a worried frown, a shallow breeze ruffling his tabby and white coat slightly.

WORDS: 487 || TAGS:   || NOTES: Nothing

Founding 50

feel free to reach out for anything! I love plotting but i'm too scared to make the first move aha

arden Avatar

arden

Post by arden on Jun 25, 2022 4:55:24 GMT -6

As he rose to his full height, Redsnake took the large tom in. He emerged, carrying a mouse, and after, dropping it by his large paws. The dusty red tabby was of the larger side of his breed, yet the long-furred tabby towered over him, and the warrior found himself having to raise his head to meet his clanmate’s eyes. His eyes were kind, sending a warm smile to the struggling feline experiencing such restlessness.

Momentarily, all the memories were gone. Nothing flooded through his mind, and for that, the smaller of the pair was grateful, welcoming the distraction kindly with a hidden, warm embrace in which you could see by his eyes softening, his jaw parting slightly as if breathing in a new kind of air, a fresh breeze.

He stood still, listening to the older one’s words. It was getting cold, his joints slowly turning stiff, the faint throb would soon turn to an ache that could not be ignored, yet he could not fathom turning back to camp, confined in the warm den.

“I see luck is on your side then,” he responded, pointing out his catch. “I presume you have more somewhere. Perhaps you’d like company?” It was an offer. One the cat coloured of rust hoped the other would accept.

He wasn’t one to admit weaknesses or his problems, yet he felt inclined, somehow, to talk away with this kind tom, a worried frown set upon his features. His tail twitched ever so slightly as he thought, eyes slightly clouding over as whispers tickled his mind from their dark corners, wispy words rasped in an almost silent voice at the edges of his troubled mind. He almost flinched.

“I am fine.”

His recent response was short. Curt. An obvious lie as he suddenly found everything but the tom interesting, resting his gaze on a falling leaf, a dull yellow with splatters of brown, the signs of plant death and decay. It made you realise how short life was, how common death was.

They were silent for a few long moments before the ex-kittypet spoke up, his voice soft. “Don’t waste time worrying about me. We all have our own demons, don’t we? One that haunt us for long stretches of time. Problems we have to overcome on our own, so let us rush past this and forget. Let’s enjoy this night.”

It was his own way of letting the warrior know that he needed to fight his own battles, and that it was kind of a touchy subject. The slight breeze sent shivers down his spine as the cold snap of the night started to settle in, the gush of air speeding up the process.

|| notes: n/a. fancy links
Quixotic of THQ

Last Edit: Jun 25, 2022 4:56:20 GMT -6 by arden

M E D I A

M O O N || S E A S O N

Leaf-Fall

The weather has been hot and dry, the tail-end of greenleaf is still drying out the territories.

Prey has been tentatively coming back because of leaf-fall.

Herbs are seeing new sprouts, but still aren't plentiful.

A L L E G I A N C E S

♀ - 04 || ♂ - 04 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 09||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 05 || ♂ - 01 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 07||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 02 || ♂ - 06 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 08||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 01 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 03||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 00 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 02||

Allegiance Table

A N N O U N C E M E N T S || N E W S

5/7/2022

The site is fully built! I'm just adding in rules, templates, plot and small things like that. Nearly there!

4/16/2022

We have a discord now! Find it above, in the media tab!

4/16/2022

The site has some considerable work put into it now! We're getting there!

--

--

S I S T E R - S I T E S

Falling into the Chasm HOODWINKED - TRADITIONAL WARRIORS RP

C R E D I T S

The story is © to the creator of the site, Zelda; the dividers used at the top of the page are © to LIST dA; Pixel tree © to twistedragon on dA; clan census images © to Zelda; dividers between seasons © to Moonlight-pendent13 on dA; and all characters and writing is © to the respective authors. Banner is © to catsbest.eu.