The Eterna

Logo

clan news

5/18 The clans are settling back into their territories after the war. The war ravaged the clans territories and ranks, leaving all with new leaders and with heavy loss. Now, they are dealing with a new prophecy, without knowing what's going to happen to the island.

event

Greenleaf, 2022

of the month

Players

otm1  otm2

Couple

otm3  otm4

Characters

otm5  otm6

Clan

otm7

Roleplay

otm8

Staff

otm9

War Is Not Our Only Fight (Arden w/ Tumblegrowl)

Leaders

Would you stay with me, in this non-reality?

Celestine Avatar

Celestine

Post by Celestine on Jun 25, 2022 0:20:08 GMT -6

[nospaces]
[attr="class","ptarmitabletemp1"]
[attr="class","ptarmititletemp1"]
PTARMIGANSTAR
[attr="class","ptarmicontainer1temp1"]
[attr="class","ptarmiboxtemp1"]
48 MOONS
[break]
FEMALE (SHE/HER)
[break]
BISEXUAL GREYAROMANTIC
[break]
LEADER
[break]
EAGLECLAN
[attr="class","ptarmicontainer2temp1"][break][break]
[attr="class","ptarmicontenttemp1"]
Ptarmiganstar was not the cat one would expect to be checked up on by. If anything, most cats likely thought she would sooner delegate the task to just about anyone who might agree. Many might believe she cared little for their well-being. Those cats were not entirely wrong, but perhaps a little misdirected.
[break][break]
Ptarmiganstar's motives were hardly so simple.
[break][break]
Although the leader seemed to possess minimal empathy, her dedication was a difficult thing to question. She may not show much emotional concern, but nor would she neglect the health and morale of her clan. These things were simply not her forte. But that would not stop her from ensuring these needs were met, and so she checked.
[break][break]
Snow-capped paws carrying her with as much purpose as they always did, Ptarmiganstar padded the short distance from the main entrance into the primary tunnel and ducked inside. There were no kits or queens to check in on, but Ptarmiganstar veered to the left, all the same, weaving among the rocks and empty nesting spots with ears swiveling and jaws parted. Although it was a quick sweep of the cavern, all senses were invested in ensuring every inch was safe and well-managed.
[break][break]
Ptarmiganstar's inspection concluded with a subtle nod, silent approval of the cave's condition. Slipping back into the main tunnel, the leader's next stop was the elders' den. There was less for her to worry about when it came to checking this cave, for even with so few elders in their dwindled ranks, they would be sure to inform her if anything was awry. Instead, she would over a minimal greeting, lending her ears to any requests as she silently sorted through what was important and what were baseless complaints.
[break][break]
Departing with a sweep of her tail, Ptarmiganstar veered toward her third, and likely longest stop.
[break][break]
Although she and Tumblegrowl had grown up together, only one moon apart, they were not particularly close. This came as no surprise. Even so, Ptarmiganstar respected the medicine cat well enough and had found few qualms with their service. Their whole pronoun situation was a little odd to her, generally resulting in neutral regard from Ptarmiganstar unless requested otherwise, but she saw no issue with it either. They did their duty, that was what mattered.
[break][break]
Announcing her presence with a deepened almost-trill as she noted the prominence of Tumblegrowl's scent - just as she had anticipated - Ptarmiganstar stepped into the main area of the den and sat by the little stream, content enough to wait rather than rush the healer through whatever task they were attending. In her silence, the leader swept her gaze around the den, until it settled naturally on a familiar figure.
[break][break]
It was a shame her state was getting familiar too.
[break][break]
Breathing a faint sigh, Ptarmiganstar finally spoke up, although her focus did not stray. "How is she?" Ptarmiganstar meowed in lieu of greeting. Her ears swiveled to where she could hear Tumblegrowl doing whatever they happened to be doing. There was no need to elaborate.
[break][break]
Mallowthorn had been one of the first, and worst, of the greencough cases. She had yet to recover. Ptarmiganstar checked in on her former mentor from time to time, but the sleeping warrior still looked so frail, so unlike the strong, proud molly who trained her. There was no affection to Ptarmiganstar's words, no sadness - but her countenance was faintly more resigned.
[break]
NOTES:
[attr="class","trinCredits"]TABLE BY TRINITY @ ADOXOGRAPHY

[newclass=".ptarmitabletemp1"]width:550px;margin:0px auto;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmitabletemp1 table td"]padding:0px;vertical-align:top;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmititletemp1"]text-align:center;background-color:#44245e;line-height:15px;font-size:15px;padding:25px;letter-spacing:4px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:arial narrow;color:#ffffff;font-size:21px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmicontainer1temp1"]background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/hZ2c107/image.png');height:569.8px;padding:20px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmiboxtemp1"]padding:8px;background-color:#221e1f;color:#fff;font-family:georgia;font-style:italic;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmicontainer2temp1"]width:410px;padding:20px;background-color:#142107;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmicontainer2temp1 img"]width:410px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmicontenttemp1"]height:300px;overflow:auto;font-family:georgia;font-size:12px;color:#dcdae1;text-align:justify;padding:0px 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".trinCredits"]font-family:arial narrow;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
Last Edit: Jun 25, 2022 0:24:58 GMT -6 by Celestine

Founding 50

feel free to reach out for anything! I love plotting but i'm too scared to make the first move aha

arden Avatar

arden

Post by arden on Jun 26, 2022 20:11:16 GMT -6

DON'T LOOK AT ME WITH THOSE EYES
I  TRIED TO UNHEAVE THE TIES
BUT HE  COULDN'T BE SAVED
A SADNESS RUNS THROUGH HIM

570 words
The feline had been busy, looking after the first cases of the infected. This was always a horrible time of the year. The plagues hit, and cats passed. Some were already on their way out, others too young, but it was not part of the job to get attached. Attachment and feelings is something a medicine cat ought to not find themselves in the middle of. To hurt was to make a mistake, and so Tumblegrowl never kept friendships for long. His brother was the only one he cared for. It was bad enough, and the tom found himself regularly worrying over their brother. Every entrance of another cat sent the feline spiralling, fearing it was his sibling. Terrified that they’d see their strong brother, worn and beaten down, on the verge of death.

When Eagleclan’s leader entered, the medicine cat did not acknowledge their presence, sure that the leader was there to swipe a look, to make sure everybody was on duty like they should be. To make sure the going was smooth. The tom counted his herbs, muttering under his breath as he went. “Spiderwebs … Borage … Broom … Burdock … no no no-” and it was at that point that the fretting tom heard the leader’s voice. He spooked. He had been sure that Ptarmiganstar had left the den.

The pale-coloured calico stole a look at his patient, shaking his head in dismay. “Mallowthorn is recovering, but slowly. Not quickly enough.” He paused for a few moments. “I’ll need to send out a patrol, very soon. I’m low on catmint, which is the solution to this sickness. The best one we have. We don’t have a deputy as of now, so would you gather cats for me? I’m low on herbs, so I’ll need patrols not only for catmint, but much more. And quickly, before the snow comes and the plants die.”

There wasn’t much that Tumblegrowl said after that. The older warrior seemed to stir slightly, and the long-furred feline was quick to soak up water in moss, placing it next to the she-cat before backing away. “If there is no catnip to be found, then there are other, but worse, herbs available for use” and once again, they were muttering to themselves. Busy with work, the blue-eyed cat was stressed. He overworked himself, yet it was important. There was barely any time for rest, and it seemed as if he didn’t eat well. Hardworking, but maybe a touch too much. His ribs were prominent, and his fur and skin sagged. The chalky white of their pelt was spoiled with grass and mud stains as he walked about his storage, pacing quickly, occasionally stumbling. He would mutter words as he went, counting and recounting, figuring out ways to get through these hard moons.

The frantic cat stopped in his tracks, eyes widening. “Yes yes, Tansy. Tansy, Catnip, Burdock, Spiderwebs … Marigold shall work. I saw some not long ago …” he turned once more to the leader, dipping their head in a respectful greeting (finally). “May I interest you in heading out for a patrol of our own? The other cats can restock my herbs, as I have a long list, but I must go quickly, before the patch of Tansy flowers I found die off or decay. I am hoping that this can help Mallowthorn … stars, how could I of overlooked this?
[/b][/div]
[/div][/div]

Leaders

Would you stay with me, in this non-reality?

Celestine Avatar

Celestine

Post by Celestine on Jun 26, 2022 21:17:52 GMT -6

[nospaces]
[attr="class","ptarmitabletemp1"]
PTARMIGANSTAR
[attr="class","ptarmicontainer1temp1"]
48 MOONS
[break]
FEMALE (SHE/HER)
[break]
BISEXUAL GREYAROMANTIC
[break]
LEADER
[break]
EAGLECLAN
[attr="class","ptarmicontainer2temp1"][break][break]
[attr="class","ptarmicontenttemp1"]
Ptarmiganstar made no comment on Tumblegrowl’s startling as she spoke up. So caught up in barely audible mumbling, it was no surprise they were caught off guard. Ptarmiganstar was not the sort to bother with teasing. Instead, she simply nodded at the response, before pricking her ears to take in the rest.
[break][break]
‘We don’t have a deputy…’
[break][break]
Ptarmiganstar’s shoulders tensed ever so slightly before she forced them to relax. She did not need that reminder right now. But Tumblegrowl was right - unsurprisingly, her healer was no fool. Only two moons in, and already the clan was teetering again. To lose a deputy so soon…some wondered if perhaps Stellarclan had made the wrong choice once more. Ptarmiganstar was not deaf to the whispers.
[break][break]
She may not admit it, but Ptarmiganstar was worried too.
[break][break]
Although not particularly devout, it unsettled the molly to have broken the moon-high law. Unsettled her further still that she must continue to wait. The clan had taken enough of a hit from the war, and now with this pandemic, Ptarmiganstar was left with few options. But her clan would survive. The molly had spent upwards of five moons carrying both roles on her shoulders, and two moons with a lightened burden would not leave her unprepared. She could handle this. She was handling this.
[break][break]
Shoving her thoughts aside, Ptarmiganstar finally gave a curt nod. Although she doubted the medicine cat was looking. “Of course,” Ptarmiganstar agreed before her response could delay much further. She lapsed back into silence so soon after, though, that some might wonder if she ever broke it. Her gaze tracked the healer as they brought water to Mallowthorn.
[break][break]
With nothing more to be done there, content that the medicine cat had fallen back into their mumbling ways, Ptarmiganstar stood and prepared to slip out of the cavern. Only to pause. Tumblegrowl was looking at her directly now, offering a belated greeting that no longer held any purpose. Ptarmiganstar blinked.
[break][break]
The medicine cat was bedraggled, wrought with stress, and positively gaunt. Ptarmiganstar caught herself briefly pondering if forcing them to eat would be going too far. Shaking the thought, Ptarmiganstar considered the request. It was off-duty but at the same time…
[break][break]
“Very well,” Ptarmiganstar conceded. “We will intercept a hunting patrol on the way out; we can spare a mouse or two in exchange for some herbs.” It was not as though they had a lot of mouths to feed. Tail twitching, Ptarmiganstar swept out of the den, voice carrying back as she added, “you should eat before we leave.”
[break][break]
It was not a light suggestion; but nor was it an order.
[break]
NOTES:
[attr="class","trinCredits"]TABLE BY TRINITY @ ADOXOGRAPHY

[newclass=".ptarmitabletemp1"]width:550px;margin:0px auto;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmitabletemp1 table td"]padding:0px;vertical-align:top;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmititletemp1"]text-align:center;background-color:#44245e;line-height:15px;font-size:15px;padding:25px;letter-spacing:4px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:arial narrow;color:#ffffff;font-size:21px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmicontainer1temp1"]background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/hZ2c107/image.png');height:569.8px;padding:20px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmiboxtemp1"]padding:8px;background-color:#221e1f;color:#fff;font-family:georgia;font-style:italic;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmicontainer2temp1"]width:410px;padding:20px;background-color:#142107;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmicontainer2temp1 img"]width:410px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".ptarmicontenttemp1"]height:300px;overflow:auto;font-family:georgia;font-size:12px;color:#dcdae1;text-align:justify;padding:0px 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".trinCredits"]font-family:arial narrow;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;[/newclass]

M E D I A

M O O N || S E A S O N

Leaf-Fall

The weather has been hot and dry, the tail-end of greenleaf is still drying out the territories.

Prey has been tentatively coming back because of leaf-fall.

Herbs are seeing new sprouts, but still aren't plentiful.

A L L E G I A N C E S

♀ - 04 || ♂ - 04 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 09||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 05 || ♂ - 01 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 07||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 02 || ♂ - 06 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 08||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 01 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 03||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 00 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 02||

Allegiance Table

A N N O U N C E M E N T S || N E W S

5/7/2022

The site is fully built! I'm just adding in rules, templates, plot and small things like that. Nearly there!

4/16/2022

We have a discord now! Find it above, in the media tab!

4/16/2022

The site has some considerable work put into it now! We're getting there!

--

--

S I S T E R - S I T E S

Falling into the Chasm HOODWINKED - TRADITIONAL WARRIORS RP

C R E D I T S

The story is © to the creator of the site, Zelda; the dividers used at the top of the page are © to LIST dA; Pixel tree © to twistedragon on dA; clan census images © to Zelda; dividers between seasons © to Moonlight-pendent13 on dA; and all characters and writing is © to the respective authors. Banner is © to catsbest.eu.