The Eterna

Logo

clan news

5/18 The clans are settling back into their territories after the war. The war ravaged the clans territories and ranks, leaving all with new leaders and with heavy loss. Now, they are dealing with a new prophecy, without knowing what's going to happen to the island.

event

Greenleaf, 2022

of the month

Players

otm1  otm2

Couple

otm3  otm4

Characters

otm5  otm6

Clan

otm7

Roleplay

otm8

Staff

otm9

Stolen Moments (Arden w/ Redsnake)

Leaders

Would you stay with me, in this non-reality?

Celestine Avatar

Celestine

Post by Celestine on Jun 25, 2022 6:13:03 GMT -6

[nospaces]
[attr="class","orioletabletemp1"]
[attr="class","orioletitletemp1"]
ORIOLEKIT
[attr="class","oriolecontainer1temp1"]
[attr="class","orioleboxtemp1"]
4 MOONS
[break]
FEMALE (SHE/HER)
[break]
SEXUALITY UNDECIDED
[break]
KIT
[break]
COYOTECLAN
[attr="class","oriolecontainer2temp1"][break][break]
[attr="class","oriolecontenttemp1"]
"No! Wait!"
[break][break]
The scream tore its way from the tiny figure's throat, but it sounded more like it was rattling through her mind. Tiny paws scrabbled desperately at the barricade, more cries tumbling forth. "N-no, please! I-I'll do better! I'll see better, will be good! I-"
[break][break]
Overflowing pleas came to a sudden halt as a great figure loomed over her. "You are worthless. Sightless. You will never be good enough!" The kit's tongue weighed like lead. She had no idea how he appeared without the barrier parting, how she could understand him, but logic was a vague memory. Her handler was reaching, toes splayed like claws, a snarl etched onto his face. She did not think on how she saw that.
[break][break]
And then she was falling, falling, falling...

[break][break]
A shove sent Oriolekit tumbling out of her nest, jaws snapping open with something between a gasp and a scream. Vaguely she noted a coppery tang on her tongue. The source of the shove was speaking, frantic but clearly trying to comfort, but Oriolekit's ears wouldn't pin to any one sound.
[break][break]
"I'm sorry little one, but you wouldn't let go and I was worried you might-" The queen cut off for a second before her voice softened further, slowing. "Oriolekit, sweetheart, where are you..." Oriolekit stumbled in quivering paws, claws scraping the cave floor. When had she stood?
[break][break]
That didn't matter. Panic-laced waves crashed through her brain. This wasn't right. She shouldn't be here. She needed...'Mama.' But Mama wasn't here. Mama had stayed. She had...she had...Oh. Ears snapping back, Oriolekit whipped around, not even pausing to regain her bearings as she bolted from the nursery. Words chased after her as she ran, but the kit paid them no heed.
[break][break]
Head lowered and whiskers splayed, Oriolekit scrabbled along the memorized path, slowing only as she reached the splitting tunnel. Squeezing her eyes shut, Oriolekit tried to force herself to still. Her breathing was coming in rough pants that she fought to calm.
[break][break]
Eventually, Oriolekit felt she had quieted herself enough. On trembling paws, she slunk her way down the small tunnel, following her nose until a familiar scent bathed her. It was calming; not quite like Mama's, but it was all she had now. The thought stung.
[break][break]
Jaws clamped tight to hold back a whimper, Oriolekit stepped onto the moss and folded her quaking limbs. She did not touch the tom, wary of waking him, but she angled her nose close enough to breathe in his scent as her chin touched the moss. Tail stinging as she curled it in close, Oriolekit settled in silence.
[break][break]
This was fine. She could calm, and leave before he knew she was there. Just like last time.
[break]
NOTES:
[attr="class","trinCredits"]TABLE BY TRINITY @ ADOXOGRAPHY

[newclass=".orioletabletemp1"]width:550px;margin:0px auto;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioletabletemp1 table td"]padding:0px;vertical-align:top;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioletitletemp1"]text-align:center;background-color:#44245e;line-height:15px;font-size:15px;padding:25px;letter-spacing:4px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:arial narrow;color:#ffffff;font-size:21px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer1temp1"]background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/hZ2c107/image.png');height:570px;padding:20px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioleboxtemp1"]padding:8px;background-color:#221e1f;color:#fff;font-family:georgia;font-style:italic;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer2temp1"]width:410px;padding:20px;background-color:#142107;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer2temp1 img"]width:410px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontenttemp1"]height:300px;overflow:auto;font-family:georgia;font-size:12px;color:#dcdae1;text-align:justify;padding:0px 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".trinCredits"]font-family:arial narrow;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
Last Edit: Jun 25, 2022 6:19:51 GMT -6 by Celestine

Founding 50

feel free to reach out for anything! I love plotting but i'm too scared to make the first move aha

arden Avatar

arden

Post by arden on Jun 26, 2022 19:13:46 GMT -6

Redsnake thought he imagined the patter of paws outside, the sounds entering his dreams. The soft thrum of first rain gently landed on the leaves as the tom stalked through the forest. Rabbit. This would be the moment he finally caught those nasty creatures. Such a simple wish, but hard to accomplish. Near impossible. This all felt so real. As the rusty red warrior leaped, a hole opened up beneath him, swallowing him in this second world. The darkness frightened him, yet he could not wake. Others who were awake could see the tom’s fur bristle out of fear and confusion, tail tip flicking back and forth, ears flat against his head.

The words echoed in his mind, the shadows biting at his ankles in starving, never ending hunger. The blackness engulfed him until the warrior felt like his chest was closing in. Like he lost the ability to breathe. The rain poured on until he was drenched, and the buzz of noise was too loud. It turned into a roaring mess, the sounds too loud and clumped together, too busy, to separate. The words replayed in his head like an old record, and he shouted into the noise in his head, yet it fell on deaf ears.

STOP. Please, I beg of you to stop

and his cries and pleas slowly turned to sobs, and the words continued on.

Curse. Demon-plagued.

You are not a gift. You are a punishment from above!

Curse. Demon-plagued.

Curse. Unwanted.

Curse. Curse. Curse. Curse.

Curse. Unwanted. Curse.

And then nothing. Nothing but a familiar scent. The name was on the tip of his tongue, but something withheld the information. And that was when his eyes opened. The curtain of his vision opened and revealed his blurred vision. Green, brown, dark blobs here and there about the den, and something of similar colour to his own pelt. Oriolekit. It took quite some time for his shallow breaths to settle down. His chest heaved, his eyes slightly clouded and unfocused, but soon enough, he was okay again. Redsnake turned his attention to solely focus on his niece. “Oriole? What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

His voice dripped heavily with concern, like an overflowing sink. He shuffled closer to the little scrap, wrapping his sleek tail around the younger molly. He smelt fear, rising off her pelt in great waves, and he softened his voice further more. “Did you have a bad dream?”

@celesteine || note(s): / fancy links
Quixotic of THQ

Leaders

Would you stay with me, in this non-reality?

Celestine Avatar

Celestine

Post by Celestine on Jun 28, 2022 4:45:36 GMT -6

[nospaces]
[attr="class","orioletabletemp1"]
ORIOLEKIT
[attr="class","oriolecontainer1temp1"]
4 MOONS
[break]
FEMALE (SHE/HER)
[break]
SEXUALITY UNDECIDED
[break]
KIT
[break]
COYOTECLAN
[attr="class","oriolecontainer2temp1"][break][break]
[attr="class","oriolecontenttemp1"]
Oriolekit was not sure how long she had been there before she heard it. Focusing on steadying her own breath, of taking in that familiar scent, it might have been heartbeats, or it might have been several shifts of the moon. She had a feeling it may be closer to the former. But that did not matter.
[break][break]
Only the breathing mattered.
[break][break]
Sensitive ears twitching, it did not take long for the kit to determine indeed the heavy breaths were not her own. She chose to prove it anyway. Sucking in her own quiet breath, the russet molly held it tight, focusing on the sounds around her. Not her. Definnitely not her. That could only mean...
[break][break]
'Is he waking up?' The thought rung through her mind like a bird call. Oriolekit's muscles coiled at the panic making chase. If he was waking up she would be caught. If she was caught, he might put a stop to this. He might be disappointed. He might be angry. He might find her pitiful, or embarrassing, or weird, or... 'Scared?'
[break][break]
Oriolekit's thoughts scrabbled to a halt at the new scent.
[break][break]
As much as the young one was fretting, as much as she was prepared to slip away, her uncle's fear scent had her pinned. He was not waking, he was dreaming. Did he have scary dreams like she did? Was that why he was breathing funny, why he smelled afraid? It unnerved her to think that he who she sought comfort from could not chase away such dreams. Yet mingled with that feeling was...relief. It was so slight, but she was relieved to know she was not alone.
[break][break]
Despite her urges, Oriolekit stayed as the tom roused. He would understand, if she was right, surely. But an apology was already on her tongue as Redsnake stopped. "S-sorry I'm ok-ay..." What began as a startled apology faded into a barely audible murmur as the tom shuffled, before a tail wove softly around her.
[break][break]
Despite the slight flinch at the sudden contact, Oriolekit relaxed slightly into the gesture. Ears twitching to his question, the kit tucked her chin, nervous. "Yes..." she murmured softly. Another few breaths and Oriolekit gathered a little more courage. "D-did you too?"
[break]
NOTES:
[attr="class","trinCredits"]TABLE BY TRINITY @ ADOXOGRAPHY

[newclass=".orioletabletemp1"]width:550px;margin:0px auto;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioletabletemp1 table td"]padding:0px;vertical-align:top;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioletitletemp1"]text-align:center;background-color:#44245e;line-height:15px;font-size:15px;padding:25px;letter-spacing:4px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:arial narrow;color:#ffffff;font-size:21px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer1temp1"]background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/hZ2c107/image.png');height:570px;padding:20px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioleboxtemp1"]padding:8px;background-color:#221e1f;color:#fff;font-family:georgia;font-style:italic;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer2temp1"]width:410px;padding:20px;background-color:#142107;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer2temp1 img"]width:410px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontenttemp1"]height:300px;overflow:auto;font-family:georgia;font-size:12px;color:#dcdae1;text-align:justify;padding:0px 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".trinCredits"]font-family:arial narrow;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
Last Edit: Jun 28, 2022 4:49:11 GMT -6 by Celestine

Founding 50

feel free to reach out for anything! I love plotting but i'm too scared to make the first move aha

arden Avatar

arden

Post by arden on Jun 30, 2022 5:09:24 GMT -6

As the tom awoke, he heard a murmur, the moment before he started to speak, unsure of what was said. He was still shaken, but Redsnake was quick to take on a warm and welcoming nature. He felt the kit relax as the warrior wrapped his tail around the little feline. “Yes…” He waited, thinking in the growing silence. Poor little scrap.

"D-did you too?"

The red rusty mass sucked in a sharp breath, before murmuring softly to the kitten. “Yes, I do.”

And silence.
Ever growing silence.

“If you need to talk … if you need someone to sit by you or to sleep with, come fine me, okay?” He wanted the young molly to feel safe and cared for. She deserved it, after everything that had happened. One day, he hoped, she would realise that she was not a mistake. Not a burden. Disabilities don’t mean anything. It’s your attitude that matters most.

He let out a shaky breath, lowering his head to the mossy confines of his nest. “Why don’t you tell me the good parts? They always start like that, and then something triggers inside your head, making you spiral and lose touch with the content moments of sleep”
All he wanted was to return to those happy days. The first few moments of life, when he had no problems. When his parents worshipped him and loved him. He wanted everything to go back to what it was, before everything became hell.

A stutter of a word. A whisper at the back of his mind. He shoved the thought away as the restlessness feeling woke. The anxiety, the hurt, it made him feel so ... helpless. So lost. And he wanted to run. He wanted to run from his fears. Run from his problems. Just run from everything. He was a mistake. A burden. That's what his parents had called him, right? A curse.

But nevertheless, despite the inflicting feelings, the warrior shoved them away, once again his focus on the young kit he had his tail wrapped around. For that moment before, he was distant. If the kit had spoken, he had only heard a murmur, so he signalled for her to speak, gently, and shuffled closer, like a warm, welcoming embrace. To let her know he was there for her. He cared.

|| note: sorry it is short fancy links
Quixotic of THQ

M E D I A

M O O N || S E A S O N

Leaf-Fall

The weather has been hot and dry, the tail-end of greenleaf is still drying out the territories.

Prey has been tentatively coming back because of leaf-fall.

Herbs are seeing new sprouts, but still aren't plentiful.

A L L E G I A N C E S

♀ - 04 || ♂ - 04 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 09||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 05 || ♂ - 01 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 07||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 02 || ♂ - 06 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 08||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 01 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 03||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 00 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 02||

Allegiance Table

A N N O U N C E M E N T S || N E W S

5/7/2022

The site is fully built! I'm just adding in rules, templates, plot and small things like that. Nearly there!

4/16/2022

We have a discord now! Find it above, in the media tab!

4/16/2022

The site has some considerable work put into it now! We're getting there!

--

--

S I S T E R - S I T E S

Falling into the Chasm HOODWINKED - TRADITIONAL WARRIORS RP

C R E D I T S

The story is © to the creator of the site, Zelda; the dividers used at the top of the page are © to LIST dA; Pixel tree © to twistedragon on dA; clan census images © to Zelda; dividers between seasons © to Moonlight-pendent13 on dA; and all characters and writing is © to the respective authors. Banner is © to catsbest.eu.