The Eterna

Logo

clan news

5/18 The clans are settling back into their territories after the war. The war ravaged the clans territories and ranks, leaving all with new leaders and with heavy loss. Now, they are dealing with a new prophecy, without knowing what's going to happen to the island.

event

Greenleaf, 2022

of the month

Players

otm1  otm2

Couple

otm3  otm4

Characters

otm5  otm6

Clan

otm7

Roleplay

otm8

Staff

otm9

The Words I Speak Are Poison (Celestine/Oriolekit)

Founding 50

The Sims is calling me and I must go.

Zesha Avatar

Zesha

Post by Zesha on Jun 27, 2022 18:26:52 GMT -6

Ivystorm • 15 Moons • She-Cat • Warrior • CoyoteClan

Dawn patrol had been boring as ever, with no signs of anything wrong. The only excitement was when she spotted a medium-sized pheasant poking around the roots of a tree. It had been too busy looking for food on the cool leaf-fall morning to notice her creep close enough to pounce on it, ending its existence in the few seconds it took for her teeth to fasten into its throat. She shared it with her brother Ashclaw, who had been on patrol with her. Now they were filing back into the clearing, the flowers that were once dotted around gone until new leaf.

Despite the chill in the air, the sun still loomed overhead and cast rays of warmth down into the clearing. Ivystorm stretched her legs, her white toes spreading and her claws extending with the stretch. Now that she was back, she decided she would lay in a nice patch of sunshine near the entrance to the cave so she could relax and catch the ear of whoever happened to wander out. Popularity wasn’t her thing, to the point it was a wonder she hadn’t been kicked from the Clan with how much she bullied nearly everyone.

As she settled down, her mind wandered back to yesterday morning. She had stirred in her nest and found Redsnake and Oriolekit beside each other, both looking shaken. It didn’t surprise her about the kit—she was a kit, after all—but the way Redsnake had his fur spiked and ears back while he was dreaming? Pathetic. Her tail twitched just from the memory of it. The two of them annoyed her to no end. They were just so close to each other. It wasn’t like her closeness with her brother, which came with a healthy rivalry. Perhaps it was just the fact that no one gave her such attention that brought rage to her heart, but she swore that if she saw the kit today she’d stomp her flat with every bit of cynicism she could manage.
☽LIA☾

Last Edit: Jul 6, 2022 9:05:50 GMT -6 by Zesha

Leaders

Would you stay with me, in this non-reality?

Celestine Avatar

Celestine

Post by Celestine on Jun 30, 2022 20:26:54 GMT -6

[nospaces]
[attr="class","orioletabletemp1"]
[attr="class","orioletitletemp1"]
ORIOLEKIT
[attr="class","oriolecontainer1temp1"]
[attr="class","orioleboxtemp1"]
4 MOONS
[break]
FEMALE (SHE/HER)
[break]
SEXUALITY UNDECIDED
[break]
KIT
[break]
COYOTECLAN
[attr="class","oriolecontainer2temp1"][break][break]
[attr="class","oriolecontenttemp1"]
It was not like thinking of the young one could summon her. No, Oriolekit had no way of knowing she was the center of someone's bitter thoughts. If she did, the kit would have slunk back into the nursery for a pleasant nap; content to stay well away from anyone who meant her trouble. But she didn't know - couldn't know - and so her paws carried her on undeterred.
[break][break]
Head parallel and whiskers spread despite knowing well enough the path she followed, Oriolekit padded quietly along the tunnels. It was hard to tell from within the caves, the change in light not strong enough for Oriolekit to detect, but by the sounds of camp, she figured the sun had risen. Perhaps not far - she did not wake and sleep on the same schedule as her denmates, who were still resting - but certainly after dawn.
[break][break]
Late enough for her to venture, but early enough not to be under paw. And quiet, just as she preferred.
[break][break]
The light invading her vision as she stepped under the tunnel exit confirmed Oriolekit's estimation. Judging by its strongest point, a pinprick in her personal darkness above, but still more ahead than up, they were probably somewhere between not too far past sunrise. It was following this observation that Oriolekit realized she was not alone.
[break][break]
Whiskers twitching and nose guiding her focus, the kit dipped her head toward the scent of the warrior, just as she had been taught. Oriolekit did not often greet the older cats with words, especially when she had no name to place to the scent. So, content to leave the interaction with a silent respectful greeting, Oriolekit swerved in the opposite direction and began to pad away.
[break]
NOTES:
[attr="class","trinCredits"]TABLE BY TRINITY @ ADOXOGRAPHY

[newclass=".orioletabletemp1"]width:550px;margin:0px auto;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioletabletemp1 table td"]padding:0px;vertical-align:top;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioletitletemp1"]text-align:center;background-color:#44245e;line-height:15px;font-size:15px;padding:25px;letter-spacing:4px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:arial narrow;color:#ffffff;font-size:21px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer1temp1"]background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/hZ2c107/image.png');height:570px;padding:20px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioleboxtemp1"]padding:8px;background-color:#221e1f;color:#fff;font-family:georgia;font-style:italic;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer2temp1"]width:410px;padding:20px;background-color:#142107;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer2temp1 img"]width:410px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontenttemp1"]height:300px;overflow:auto;font-family:georgia;font-size:12px;color:#dcdae1;text-align:justify;padding:0px 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".trinCredits"]font-family:arial narrow;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
Last Edit: Jun 30, 2022 20:27:53 GMT -6 by Celestine

Founding 50

Zesha Avatar

Zesha

Post by Zesha on Jul 2, 2022 12:16:02 GMT -6

Ivystorm was enjoying the sun beating down on her fur when she heard the sound of pawsteps and lifted her head, opening her eyes to see who it was. Of all the cats, it was that kit she had been thinking of. No sign of the other cat—her uncle or something—either. A sneer planted itself on her face as the kit bowed her head to her. She didn’t want the pleasantries of this pathetic furball, especially not if it was just going to be a silent nod. Didn’t this kit know they should address warriors properly? Well, if she didn’t, she was about to learn through Ivystorm’s barbed tongue.

“Where do you think you’re going?” she meowed, stepping in front of the kit. She was fully aware Oriolekit was blind, or blind enough that all she saw were blobs of color rather than a sharp, clear image like most of the other cats in the Clan. “Didn’t any cat teach you that you should say, ‘hello,’ when greeting another cat? Who’s teaching you your manners?” The reality was she didn’t care that the kit hadn’t said hello, she just wanted something to argue about to make the kit feel bad. Ever since the display yesterday she felt an itch under her pelt to torment the young kit. It was too bad Ashclaw had decided to return to the warrior’s den, he would have loved to help her pick on Oriolekit.

The gray and white she-cat got nose to nose with Oriolekit, her whiskers bristling as if all the fury of an ancient Clan of big cats were running through her. A small part of her wondered why she was going through this. The kit hadn’t done anything to her, after all. But she squashed down those thoughts. The kit was weak, and the Clan needed stronger cats within it. She’d get stronger if she was bullied and pushed around. That uncle of hers was too soft on her, giving her too many passes just because she couldn’t see. Yeah, that was it. Though deep down Ivystorm was aware that wasn’t the true reason at all. Her headstrong attitude had already gotten her into this mess, though, and she wasn’t about to back down from what she had already started.
☽LIA☾

Last Edit: Jul 2, 2022 12:22:05 GMT -6 by Zesha

Leaders

Would you stay with me, in this non-reality?

Celestine Avatar

Celestine

Post by Celestine on Jul 3, 2022 5:37:37 GMT -6

[nospaces]
[attr="class","orioletabletemp1"]
ORIOLEKIT
[attr="class","oriolecontainer1temp1"]
4 MOONS
[break]
FEMALE (SHE/HER)
[break]
SEXUALITY UNDECIDED
[break]
KIT
[break]
COYOTECLAN
[attr="class","oriolecontainer2temp1"][break][break]
[attr="class","oriolecontenttemp1"]
The voice pricked through Oriolekit’s calm like thorns, leaving a stinging itch in their wake. The words themselves threatened to crawl into those fresh wounds, intent to pierce and burn until she cried out. That was likely the intention.
[break][break]
For a moment, Oriolekit faltered, breath drawing into a short, quiet gasp and ears canting back toward her scruff. She had done nothing wrong…right? She was certain of that. But Oriolekit had a feeling this warrior was not about to take that for an answer. No, she was definitely intent to burn her. Oriolekit could not let that happen. Instead, the little molly gathered herself, injured tail curling protectively inward as she turned toward the voice.
[break][break]
Part of her wished she had not. The proximity was overwhelming. Without the sun directly at the warrior’s back, she was barely even a wisp of shadow flickering across Oriolekit’s worldview. But she could feel her. The way the air currents rippled her whiskers in warning as the warrior boxed her in against the cavern’s flank. The way a harsh breath fanned across her nose. A touch of stiffened whiskers against her own vibrissae had her flinching away.
[break][break]
Whatever barbed retort she might have shot to a fellow kit or apprentice died on her tongue. Appeasement might be a better option here. Oriolekit took a cautious step back, rump brushing rock.
[break][break]
“I thought you could be sleeping,” the kit offered politely, drawing on every effort not to sound bitter or scared. Oriolekit found she was a little bit of both, among other things, and it was difficult not to let that show. What was this warrior’s problem? It was like she had somehow slighted her by existing. Wouldn’t be the first time.
[break][break]
That thought was best set aside.
[break][break]
Wracking her mind, she tried to draw up something she could use. What was it that grouchy elder had said? Something about warriors needing their rest? She could work with that; embellish it some. Drawing a breath, Oriolekit lifted her chin a little, willing her voice to remain polite and innocent.
[break][break]
‘You didn’t do anything, Oriole,’ she reminded herself.
[break][break]
“One of the elders said to not wake sleeping warriors,” she explained, shifting tone slightly as she went on to quote him. “He said ‘warriors work hard to protect the clan. You should let them rest unless you need something the apprentices and queens can’t help with.’ ”
[break][break]
As she fell to silence, Oriolekit could not help the kitish desire for approval. She hoped that answer would please the warrior; that she would go back to resting, maybe with a grumble about rude kits or whatever, and let Oriolekit head off in peace. But it was rare the kit’s hopes were ever met.
[break]
NOTES:
[attr="class","trinCredits"]TABLE BY TRINITY @ ADOXOGRAPHY

[newclass=".orioletabletemp1"]width:550px;margin:0px auto;position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioletabletemp1 table td"]padding:0px;vertical-align:top;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioletitletemp1"]text-align:center;background-color:#44245e;line-height:15px;font-size:15px;padding:25px;letter-spacing:4px;text-transform:uppercase;font-family:arial narrow;color:#ffffff;font-size:21px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer1temp1"]background-image:url('https://i.ibb.co/hZ2c107/image.png');height:570px;padding:20px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=".orioleboxtemp1"]padding:8px;background-color:#221e1f;color:#fff;font-family:georgia;font-style:italic;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer2temp1"]width:410px;padding:20px;background-color:#142107;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontainer2temp1 img"]width:410px;height:200px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".oriolecontenttemp1"]height:300px;overflow:auto;font-family:georgia;font-size:12px;color:#dcdae1;text-align:justify;padding:0px 8px;[/newclass]
[newclass=".trinCredits"]font-family:arial narrow;font-size:10px;font-style:italic;letter-spacing:1px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
Last Edit: Jul 3, 2022 5:38:56 GMT -6 by Celestine

Founding 50

Zesha Avatar

Zesha

Post by Zesha on Jul 5, 2022 13:39:39 GMT -6

Ivystorm felt frustration burn her paws. This kit was supposed to be too stupid for logic. Begrudgingly, she had to admit that this child was brighter than she had given her credit for. But she was still agitated and looked for some way to poke a hole in the kit’s story, or otherwise demoralize the pretty young kit. Just something to get a rise out of her or keep her attention on Ivystorm for a while longer.

“Is that so?” she said, drawing back slightly. “I suppose not all of the elders have bees in their brain. And I guess you can’t just look and tell whether I’m sleeping or not.” Give me something! she demanded of her brain. Her claws dug into the earth, which the mostly-blind kit might have felt. “I want at least a quiet, ‘Hello,’ next time, got it? It won’t wake me if I’m sleeping but it’ll be something if I’m not.” Now she was just getting annoyed with herself. Was that it? Was she going to let this kit go with just that? No, she had to come up with something fast. Something that would keep Oriolekit there until she could come up with something else to nit-pick about. Her desperation for attention might have been obvious to an older warrior.

“Ugh, look at your fur. It’s covered with dust from the caves. Come here,” she meowed, using a paw to try to pull Oriolekit closer, a bit more roughly than she intended to. “I guess you picked it up from the nursery to the entrance. Certainly that queen taking care of you bothers to make sure you at least try to come out of the caves presentable.” Ivystorm raked her tongue over the kit’s head to smooth down some of the fur that was sticking up. She was trying to make jabs at the kit’s looks, but she honestly had to admit to herself that the kit had a beautiful coat. Probably one of those fancy cats from twolegplace had her. Had she ever even heard the story of how this kit came to be here? All she knew was that Redsnake was her uncle or something like that. Maybe she could ask and use that as fuel for the fire.

“Oi, kit, how’d you end up here with Redsnake anyway?” she asked, this time her tone not so rough. She couldn’t let the kit know that she was planning on trying to use any of that information against her. And she might not even use it right away—she might wait a few days just so the kit would think that she wasn’t the horrible monster that Ivystorm probably was.
☽LIA☾

Last Edit: Jul 5, 2022 13:39:48 GMT -6 by Zesha

M E D I A

M O O N || S E A S O N

Leaf-Fall

The weather has been hot and dry, the tail-end of greenleaf is still drying out the territories.

Prey has been tentatively coming back because of leaf-fall.

Herbs are seeing new sprouts, but still aren't plentiful.

A L L E G I A N C E S

♀ - 04 || ♂ - 04 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 09||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 05 || ♂ - 01 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 07||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 02 || ♂ - 06 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 08||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 01 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 03||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 00 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 02||

Allegiance Table

A N N O U N C E M E N T S || N E W S

5/7/2022

The site is fully built! I'm just adding in rules, templates, plot and small things like that. Nearly there!

4/16/2022

We have a discord now! Find it above, in the media tab!

4/16/2022

The site has some considerable work put into it now! We're getting there!

--

--

S I S T E R - S I T E S

Falling into the Chasm HOODWINKED - TRADITIONAL WARRIORS RP

C R E D I T S

The story is © to the creator of the site, Zelda; the dividers used at the top of the page are © to LIST dA; Pixel tree © to twistedragon on dA; clan census images © to Zelda; dividers between seasons © to Moonlight-pendent13 on dA; and all characters and writing is © to the respective authors. Banner is © to catsbest.eu.