The Eterna

Logo

clan news

5/18 The clans are settling back into their territories after the war. The war ravaged the clans territories and ranks, leaving all with new leaders and with heavy loss. Now, they are dealing with a new prophecy, without knowing what's going to happen to the island.

event

Greenleaf, 2022

of the month

Players

otm1  otm2

Couple

otm3  otm4

Characters

otm5  otm6

Clan

otm7

Roleplay

otm8

Staff

otm9

unabridged meeting ( open - cactusbuds w/ skunk )

Founding 50

I am kind of silly :]

cactusbuds Avatar

cactusbuds

Post by cactusbuds on Jun 11, 2022 16:09:44 GMT -6

Loud crashing of water hitting the boulders along the river could be heard as Skunk slowly moved towards the sandy length near the blue shine near him. A soft exhale left the tom, and his own paws felt the rumble of the belly of the beast that laid beneath the waters surface. Quite beautiful in it's own right, and yet Skunk still hasn't dipped into it. Why? Fear. 

Birds chirped, if he made it past this without being swept away by the river he'd be able to get closer to the nearby forest he saw off in the distance. It was sure to be secluded, seeing as this is where the scent leaves off of the cat groups he's found around. His tail swayed with ease, and a step onto one of the rocks to cross the river made him less anxious. If this small rock held his weight the others should. 

With another leap, Skunk made his way to the next rock, a bit bigger, but not yet the size of a boulder. His ear twitched at a few water droplets getting onto his pelt, and though he didn't mind it was a bit of an overload. He'd been across countless lakes and small ponds, this was no different. It could have been the excitement to cross that pushed him, and his mind seemed to settle on that for an explanation. 

A loud branch crunch made the tom whip his head around, eyes wide like a deer caught in headlights. His heart pulsed, seeing the cat before him. A tom, bright yellow eyes, and a deep pelt with soft paws underneath him. Skunk felt his fur prick up, and his ears went down once the cat caught his eye.

He was lean, strong back legs built for running. The cat could slice Skunk in half and then flee right after. Very comforting. What's more was he didn't say anything before he stepped on a branch which alerted Skunk, and my goodness could that mean he was about to be ambushed? 

HE/HIM
LONER
15 MOONS
" I HAVE LOST ALL
MY PRIDE "

MADE BY VEL OF GS + ADOX 2.0

The Counsel

Don't let anyone determine your fate, but yourself ^^

gemini Avatar

gemini

Post by gemini on Jun 11, 2022 18:11:44 GMT -6

[googlefont="Playfair+Display"]
[attr="class","back"]
[attr="class","picback"]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","longlive"]Betrayal does not only break the heart
it also darkens your soul you will never
forget the fog that lingers in your mind
[attr="class","nomistake"]It was a continuous journey. Trekking across the clan's territory, meandering between the Clans' motherland and Emerald City, he'd been completing his way around. The lanky, atramentous tomcat struggled to remain in one place, feeling that it was too unsafe to do so. Few cats in the metropolis appreciated Scorchrunner's presence, while others stared or threatened to bombard him. One feline, in particular, relished everyone's company, which had been Cascade. She was a young she-cat with the wise mind of an elder. Otherwise, Scorchrunner avoided the city unless she'd been around. Scorchrunner rarely experienced border patrols, constantly praying to StellerClan to let him live. He didn't desire to be chased out by a patrol, not again. Oh, StellerClan, please have mercy today. His thoughts were churned and scattered, unable to identify the overwhelming emotions dividing him from alleviation. Scorchrunner hardly experienced leisure, as his nerves were invariably on edge, raking the exuberance from the oriental sire.

Most days, he possessed a joyous simper, wandering absentmindedly around the land cheekily. However, it was one of his darker days, showered with trepidation and apprehension. Today was the worst day to run into another feline. Scorchrunner was journeying from CoyoteClan's borders, voyaging upstream along The Green River toward EagleClan. The river shimmered an ultramarine pigment in its generous curves amid the verdant woodland behind it. The river brought the sound of mirthful water to the percussion of the canopy overhead. The river is part of the island's community, cascading through the land graciously and monitoring the river in the forest to admire the dappled light cast through the trees. The Green River came in black-green equilibrium, drifting among forest embryones, hollering up to forest boughs. A small smile finally danced across his countenance as he concentrated on the nearly transparent liquid, scrutinizing the gushing waters known as rapids.

Scorchrunner subconsciously hindered his pace as an unfamiliar aroma lingered in his nasal passageways. The ex-warrior was thankful he'd acquired the skills to protect himself, as he'd gotten in countless skirmishes since he was exiled. Scorchrunner was developing more strength, assuming if any CoyoteClan encountered him, they'd only believe his so-called murderer status even more. One day, Scorchrunner hoped that Alderstar would learn the truth about Pecanstorm, his ex-mentor who framed him without a second introspection. The lissom sire halted as he watched a smokey loner, or perhaps rogue, leaping the rocks. Scorchrunner dropped to his abdomen, swallowing thickly as he heard a crunch between his toes. StellerClan, please enlighten me about this pain in the tail of a stick. How inconvenient. The ebony tomcat noted that the other individual had spotted him, Oh ears, how you come in handy, huh? If he could've, Scorchrunner would've veered the other direction to avoid interaction. Dubiously, he rose, approaching the unknown cat. "Ah, well, greetings. I apologize for frightening you, uh," Scorchrunner paused for a moment, crania tilting to the left as curiosity filled his gaze, "What's your name?"

[newclass=.back]width:500px;padding:10px;background:#fff;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.picback]border:1px solid #eee;min-height:280px;background:url('http://i.imgur.com/56Btxhf.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.queen]width: 500px;height: 280px;background: url('https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52138327678_391a81a4b0_z.jpg');background-size:cover;background-position:right center;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 100% 0, 100% 0%, 0% 100%, 0 100%);clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 100% 0, 100% 0%, 0% 100%, 0 100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.longlive]text-align:right;margin-top:-130px;margin-right:20px;font-family:playfair display;font-size:11px;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;font-weight:300;padding:5px;border:1px solid #eee;color:#E76220;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #F3BFA5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomistake]line-height: 12px;font-size:11px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:10px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomistake b]font-family: playfair display;font-weight:700;color:#E76220;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomistake::first-letter]line-height: 70px;float: left;font-size: 70px;background:#444;padding:5px;margin-bottom:5px;margin-left: 5px;margin-right: 5px;border:3px double #999;color: #eee;font-family:playfair display;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
Last Edit: Jun 11, 2022 18:12:06 GMT -6 by gemini

Founding 50

cactusbuds Avatar

cactusbuds

Post by cactusbuds on Jun 11, 2022 22:48:54 GMT -6

As Skunk watched the tom that was once behind him squirm, a sudden bit of relief entered him, but not enough to calm his nerves. Looking at him it was quite obvious he was uncomfortable, and the eye contact was getting a bit too much for Skunk. Looking at his paws and then blinking once, the Siamese cat lashed his tail, not from anger, but caution. He didn't want to be here. In fact, he just wanted to run.

If he started a fight with an innocent cat, would he really be better than the others who he's encountered? Standing his ground on the rocks, Skunk finally looked up to face the black cat once more, his blue eyes narrowing with a sort of wonder and curiosity And then the tom spoke. First came the apology, which was to be expected. Skunk had met a few cat's whos insecurities would show, and in this case the tom was an open book.

Second came the question. Who was he? Well, it could go two ways. He could either expose his current name would make it better, or he could tell the tom his information and it would get a whole lot worse. Being secluded came with perks, and yet being able to read emotions was so prevalent he couldn't stand it. With this tom, the way was clear. It wouldn't hurt to tell him his name. And with that, Skunk spoke.

"Skunk. My name is Skunk."
As his voice came out, a bit of his unpolished social skills came out. He stumbled with his words, and the bluntness in Skunks voice was widespread throughout his tone. "Who are you?" Again his voice was shaky and discombobulated, and the avoiding eye contact was a sign the cat didn't want to be here. Of course this had to happen. And my goodness will this put him through the motions 

HE/HIM
LONER
15 MOONS
" I HAVE LOST ALL
MY PRIDE "

Last Edit: Jun 13, 2022 0:27:15 GMT -6 by cactusbuds

The Counsel

gemini Avatar

gemini

Post by gemini on Jun 12, 2022 8:07:41 GMT -6

[attr="class","back"]
[attr="class","picback"]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","nomistake"]Scorchrunner observed the siamese with intense, wide amber-brown eyes, swallowing thickly. The tomcat had the visage of the damp pebbles. The innards were a beautiful stone, soft nostalgic browns, outstretching to spirals of amber and oranges under an overcast sky. The outer edge was rimmed in deep umber. Still, the overall effect was of hazel eyes with orange pigments, the brown components being more dominant since they complimented his atramentous fur. He wasn't afraid of the opposing cat; it was more so paranoia that he couldn't entrust the individual. Fortunately, Scorchrunner detected the unknown tom's solitary smell, indicating he wasn't with anyone. The introspection hardly alleviates the lanky jet-black rogue. Perhaps the other contained a companion who intentionally discovered a method to camouflage his scent. Scorchrunner couldn't help but assume so regarding the tom's sinister incidents with Pecanstorm and Honeyspirit. He missed her. Scorchrunner hadn't felt secure around anyone other than his old friend, and it was morbid to think his mentor beguiled him.

The ex-warrior could feel the apprehension radiating from the supposedly diminutive cat. Scorchrunner reckoned he wouldn't be getting into a quarrel today, producing a more enjoyable day than it was moments ago. A minuscule grin decorated the edges of his maw, gazing toward the feline with a delicate, less fierce gaze. Scorchrunner completely exposed his physique, velutinous black fur of silken shadow's breath, summoned of nightingale song, who arrived on silent paws. His movement was in its flow as quickly as the Greenleaf waters harbored the fish. He portrayed a moderately graceful demeanor, displaying a lovable soul. The bachelor didn't dare to settle just yet, because he couldn't confirm Skunk's intentions yet. It was only the beginning of their conversation, and he formulated patience. When the foreign sire revealed his name, Scorchrunner's smile broadened negligibly, although it wasn't a full smile. "It's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance, Skunk,"

"My name is Scorchrunner, though, don't be alarmed by the clan name; I am now a rogue," Scorchrunner's vocalizations became quieter, somewhat stammering with his subsequent utter, "For reasons I shouldn't discuss, but I must say I am disappointed." The bachelor inhaled briskly and exhaled as he attempted to subdue his nerves. He shouldn't have mentioned as much as he had, taken aback by his own words. Why did I say that? Scorchrunner shook his crania, recollecting himself as he raised his crania, standing tall as his sleek tail flicked behind him. "You know, you can come to the riverbank. I'm not going to hurt that." Scorchrunner could relate and recognize Skunk's behavior, as he's experienced similar circumstances. "The last thing I need is additional fights."

[newclass=.back]width:500px;padding:10px;background:#fff;margin:0 auto;[/newclass]
[newclass=.picback]border:1px solid #eee;min-height:280px;background:url('http://i.imgur.com/56Btxhf.png');[/newclass]
[newclass=.queen]width: 500px;height: 280px;background: url('https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/52138327678_391a81a4b0_z.jpg');background-size:cover;background-position:right center;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 100% 0, 100% 0%, 0% 100%, 0 100%);clip-path: polygon(0% 0%, 100% 0, 100% 0%, 0% 100%, 0 100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.longlive]text-align:right;margin-top:-130px;margin-right:20px;font-family:playfair display;font-size:11px;text-transform:uppercase;font-style:italic;font-weight:300;padding:5px;border:1px solid #eee;color:#E76220;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #F3BFA5;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomistake]line-height: 12px;font-size:11px;font-family:verdana;margin-top:10px;text-align:justify;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomistake b]font-family: playfair display;font-weight:700;color:#E76220;[/newclass]
[newclass=.nomistake::first-letter]line-height: 70px;float: left;font-size: 70px;background:#444;padding:5px;margin-bottom:5px;margin-left: 5px;margin-right: 5px;border:3px double #999;color: #eee;font-family:playfair display;text-transform: uppercase;[/newclass]
Last Edit: Jun 12, 2022 8:08:22 GMT -6 by gemini

Founding 50

cactusbuds Avatar

cactusbuds

Post by cactusbuds on Jun 13, 2022 0:27:01 GMT -6

Tough lighting from the sun that was halfway covering the clouds laid upon the cat's fur, and Skunk couldn't see this cat killing him. In fact he'd be more worried the tom would fall into the river than hurt him based on the smile he was given that was more genuine that Skunk could possibly imagine. Reassurance sparked inside the Siamese cat as the ebony laid his less than aggressive eyes into his.

It was quite the uncommon situation with Skunk, but then again maybe he is just meeting all the wrong cats. Learning the other cat's name was alarming however. Scorchrunner, obviously apart of one of the cat groups seemed to notice his skeptic nature however, and the next words he spoke were of how he was a 'rouge.'

The stammering was either a dead giveaway or hitting the nail on the head with Scorchrunner's personality, and Skunk didn't seem to want to stay and find out. His paws shifted in place, and the tom tried his best to avoid eye contact once more. He didn't catch much of the small whisper, but it was clear some resentment was held toward something.

Watching Scorchrunner's eyes widen, the feeling of regret was written all over the rouges face. Skunk felt himself empathizing with the situation he put himself into, but he was unsure what that tom had originally said. He watched the tom recollect himself, and before Skunk could open his mouth he was rudely cut off. 

He's not looking for conflict it seems. It felt like a silent plea and Skunk couldn't help but feel pity. He finally let out a soft sigh before unknowingly moving a step back to distance himself from the other tom. "I'd assume you have no reason to, I was heading out either way." Skunks eyes didn't look up once, only staring at the blue water that was toned with oranges and yellow shine.

HE/HIM
LONER
15 MOONS
" I HAVE LOST ALL
MY PRIDE "

Last Edit: Jun 13, 2022 0:27:39 GMT -6 by cactusbuds

The Counsel

gemini Avatar

gemini

Post by gemini on Jun 14, 2022 15:33:30 GMT -6

[attr="class","back"]
[attr="class","picback"]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","nomistake"]Scorchrunner accumulated numerous fights since his exile, despising the violence he's suffered. The bachelor glimpsed around quickly, with slight paranoia stirring in his cranium and throughout his physique. At first, Scorchrunner would spend the entirety of daylight traveling aimlessly to see where his paws subconsciously carry him. A zephyr passed through as he waited for the opposing tom's response in a few moments. A chilly draught of ambiance seemingly clobbered over the waves, bringing a taste of the ocean with it. The dilapidated portion of the shoreline conjured more memories than the pebbles within the sea. It ululated in a low whistle, tossing my furs as roughly as the ocean did at his paws when he'd watch the sun-up or sun-down on the island's coast. It was the feel and taste of home, the place he thrived. Scorchrunner missed the clan life but correspondingly began to adore the solitary lifestyle. There was no in-between; he'd be delighted as a rogue or clanner.

He predominantly journeyed through EagleClan, SaberClan, and Emerald City to avoid CoyoteClan's domain. He was unsure what Alderstar would commence if he'd show his face. Although Scorchrunner wasn't afraid of Alderstar, he was petrified by what the additional clanmates presumed of him. It was unfortunate that he'd been a part of a blame game as he never slaughtered Honeyspirit by any norms. She was his best friend. It simply wasn't something Scorchrunner could bring himself to do. He still had a challenge swallowing the truth, Honeyspirit was forever gone. Upon Skunk's commentary, Scorchrunner shook his crania, "I prefer my paws and pelt stay clean," He huffed, a snort following shortly after, "Violence isn't necessary, in the slightest." He grumbled, gazing at the atmosphere above. Clouds shrouded the sun, causing the glow to dim and wither the shadows that wavered amongst the terrain in luminance. He was uncertain where to take the conversation next, assuming he'd made Skunk uncomfortable or apprehensive.

The siamese couldn't raise his visage to meet Scorchrunner, a soft, silent sigh escaping the oriental's maw. "I'm sorry if I talk too much," Scorchrunner spoke up, vocals gentle and sheepish, "I can get out of your way if you wish." The exile claimed, desiring to dismiss himself from Skunk's presence. In the depths of Scorchrunner's mind, he hoped that Skunk wanted him to stay and get to know each other better. But, only the other individual could deter that.

Founding 50

cactusbuds Avatar

cactusbuds

Post by cactusbuds on Jun 16, 2022 14:48:27 GMT -6

The tom listened. He listened well and close as Scorchrunner spoke. It was almost like he'd found a cat who was an exact copy of him. Skunk felt his own pelt bristle at the idea. Someone to speak with, and to express troubles to. The concept was nice in his head, but a small voice told him to be aware and speak without hesitation. This was not how it plays out, and it will never play out. 

Skunk's blue eyes looked up to linger for a moment, his paws getting splashed as he started to relax on the rock beneath him. He could feel the foam seep into his fur, cooling him down from the heat of the sun. Tucking his legs in, an expected comment came from Scorchrunner. Violence didn't look like his forte anyway. It wasn't Skunk's either. 

And then something he'd anticipated, an unnecessary apology. A small frown came to Skunk's lips, more sympathy swelling inside him. Curse his need to help. A soft exhale left the toms lips, and he then lifted his head, eyes glazed by the light that shone through clouds above them.
"No worries, I'm not in a rush," he rasped out, his eyes darting down, "You smell of oak trees and sap, have you come from inside the forest along the river?"

The siamese stood up, shaking the water off him and licking himself clean, not daring to move his eyes off the ground. Eye contact, it's quite distracting. He'd never been fond of having to stare into another cat's soul for too long. It was like he could fully understand the unwilling participant and Skunk wasn't too sure he'd like to know too much about the cat he talked too. It was hard to not notice things, and it was just easier to ignore everyone altogether.

HE/HIM
LONER
15 MOONS
" I HAVE LOST ALL
MY PRIDE "

The Counsel

gemini Avatar

gemini

Post by gemini on Jun 18, 2022 10:21:40 GMT -6

[attr="class","back"]
[attr="class","picback"]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","nomistake"]Scorchrunner hadn't explicitly intended to converse with anyone, nor did he entirely anticipate noticing anyone. The sleek, atramentous bachelor had returned his visage toward the boundless abyss overhead; from where he stood, EagleClan's awning couldn't disturb his perspective. Strangely, he felt connected to the feline who stood across from him on the mossy, slick stones spread within the river so delicately and intrinsically. Ever since his exile, he couldn't help but admire nature with a more profound outlook, obsessing over the tranquil beauty. The sire's distinctive orange eyes scrutinized the contrasting individual, preparing to proceed out of his way if he decided to come closer. The siamese occurred to be about a fox-length or two away from the ebony oriental. Scorchrunner's gaze was near as orange as the skin enveloping the fruit's flesh that divided into segments, shimmering as he observed Skunk. He hadn't expected the timorous loner to move far, as he might've been intelligent enough to watch who he'd been speaking to, just as Scorchrunner was. However, the more he monitored Skunk's movements and expressions.

The other tom's apprehension was steaming off, as Scorchrunner could sense it, regarding his outstanding observatory skills. He hadn't desired to expose too much to the other, as he hadn't known him. It would be obscene and inadvisable if he started telling Skunk his whole life story like he'd known him for moons. That wasn't the type of feline Scorchrunner was, considering anyone who knew his anecdote would be taken aback or perhaps discomfiting. "If you insist, Skunk," The swarthy sire sunk back into the glooms of immediate foilage as the searing sunlight was beating on his thin pelt, inducing him to feel overheated. "Yes, I did come from the forest," His vocalizations uttered softly, somewhat husky, which could be deemed unorthodox for such a lissom sire. "I prefer shaded areas this season; it's unquestionably hot, so I dwell more in the forest when I can."

M E D I A

M O O N || S E A S O N

Leaf-Fall

The weather has been hot and dry, the tail-end of greenleaf is still drying out the territories.

Prey has been tentatively coming back because of leaf-fall.

Herbs are seeing new sprouts, but still aren't plentiful.

A L L E G I A N C E S

♀ - 04 || ♂ - 04 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 09||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 05 || ♂ - 01 || ☿ - 01

||TOTAL POP: 07||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 02 || ♂ - 06 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 08||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 01 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 03||

Allegiance Table

♀ - 00 || ♂ - 02 || ☿ - 00

||TOTAL POP: 02||

Allegiance Table

A N N O U N C E M E N T S || N E W S

5/7/2022

The site is fully built! I'm just adding in rules, templates, plot and small things like that. Nearly there!

4/16/2022

We have a discord now! Find it above, in the media tab!

4/16/2022

The site has some considerable work put into it now! We're getting there!

--

--

S I S T E R - S I T E S

Falling into the Chasm HOODWINKED - TRADITIONAL WARRIORS RP

C R E D I T S

The story is © to the creator of the site, Zelda; the dividers used at the top of the page are © to LIST dA; Pixel tree © to twistedragon on dA; clan census images © to Zelda; dividers between seasons © to Moonlight-pendent13 on dA; and all characters and writing is © to the respective authors. Banner is © to catsbest.eu.